- ILO connects dynamic minds from all over Europe and beyond, who are ready to engage, reflect and be inspired by each other’s experiences.
- ILO highlights the development role of light festivals as they create an artist platform to experiment and take risks. This leads to new solutions, realities and bridging communities.
- ILO promotes the role of light festivals as a pioneer of artistic creation and social relevance. They raise questions and share visions and narratives through artistic expressions.
- Participants of ILO gain deeper insight into global light festival organization and curation and contribute to the story telling activity that light festivals create.
Networking and Collaboration
- ILO connects light festival colleagues and partners from across the world, creating networking opportunities, in a physical and/or virtual way.
- ILO offers its participants the opportunity to work together, learn from each other, creating alliances, trust and friendship and show solidarity in their support of one another.
- ILO facilitates opportunities for successful artistic, productional, educational, financial partnerships.
- ILO organizes an annual meeting in collaboration with one of its participants. Every year this will take place in another country.
- ILO develops an ethical code for Light Festivals and Light Artist on respect for copyrights and inspiration.
Information and Communication
- ILO ensures a continuous loop of information between the organization and its participants, the broad public and the media.
- ILO informs participants about current trends and developments in festivals.
- ILO provides contacts to the international cultural press, networks, ministries, public authorities and EU institutions.
- ILO increases the visibility of participants by using a broad mix of communication tools and actions. Every participant will be brought to the attention of the international festival community.
- ILO nurtures the exchange of knowledge and expertise through international programs, specifically aimed at the professional light festival managers, producers and curators.
- ILO provides a platform to share experiences. ILO offers access to newly released materials and allows involvement in research activities.
- Changes and new technology go fast in the field of lighting and light design. ILO can support and initiate new ideas, studies and implementations of technological innovations and new media.
- ILO collects and shares data on light art, light festivals and light events.
- ILO participates prominently in a wider political/economical/cultural debate to create opportunities for light festivals and light artists to connect their local needs to a broader European and international context.
- ILO can initiate and intensify collaborations between participants’s festivals but also partners in the field of education, research, universities, technical support, etc.
- By Investing in development and training and creating a strong, united vision on light art and light festivals, ILO generates better conditions for light art and light artists.